Thursday, April 23, 2020

Self-Portrait







This project is inspired by the sun and the human eye. What I wanted to do for this project was to be able to combine the elements of the sun and the human eye so I could create a new metaphorical meaning. The way I wanted to do this was I wanted to create a painting. The way that painting is structure is showing the combination of the two elements. The first thing we'll start with is the main part of the painting, which is the eye itself. The eye is a representation of how people have the power to be able to see into the future. While your average person cannot literally see the future. The eye is just a way of saying if you work hard enough in life and follow your passions then you will be able to see where you can go in the future. Now the triangles surrounding the eye itself are to help emphasize the bright future someone can have if you can build your future. The last thing that the painting has to offer is the blue background which represents the vast blue sky. The reason it is the sky is simply for the fact that there are so many things to do with your life. If you fail at something, you could either keep trying or start something new. Everyone has a purpose in life, they just must dig deep a little just to find it.

I think what really can connect to this is “Between the World and Me” by Ta-Nehisi Coates because he writes a letter to his son in order to share his experiences. This is truly amazing because he does not tell his son directly not to do the mistakes that he grew up doing. He instead wants him to learn from his experiences and try to change them rather than do nothing. That is what I want people to take away from this painting. I want everyone to become inspired and to make a difference in life.

Lastly, my goals for the future are simple. I want to go into the video game industry or open my own video game company. What I want to do with that is to take people and make them forget about their own problems for a while and help them have fun in my fantasy created world. I want to become a developer who listens to its fans and help give the best game I can make because I am a gamer just like they are. If I can make a game that can inspire someone to find their passion, then that would mean the world to me. I always try to be an optimist, so I always try to make people happy when times are tough and that is what I hope to do with everything I do.

This painting is not perfect I know, but it is a start of what is to come for me as long as I keep paving my own path to success.

1 comment:

  1. Good work. Keep exploring different painters and techniques. It is interesting to imagine different symbols and ideas around seeing and the future in images. Some artists that comes to mind are Alma Thomas and Robert and Sonia Delaunay that use forms and color and shapes in similar ways to you. Hope you choose to paint more in the future. It can be a wonderful exploration for any designer/artist in the game industry too.

    ReplyDelete