Friday, April 24, 2020

Self Portrait

For my self portrait I decided to make a fun small comic with a theme of games. I feel like both games and comics are a big part of my identity and what makes me be me and is one of those things that help me connect with others and make friends. In general I really like comics, anime/manga and games, they’re the things that got me more interested in doing art and drawing more. A lot of what I’ve found myself playing during this whole corvid situation is Animal Crossing and its enjoyable to be able to play a game with friends and mess around after being unable to see them for such a long time and in general play a nice and simple game where you complete small daily quests and a relaxing pace. The comic somewhat reflects that but is a little dark because I also like a lot of horror based games and comics and it has affected the type of stories and characters I like and prefer to write. It follows the idea of the player in the game taking on simple quests that slowly become more corrupt the more you play it until you forget what the goal of the game was. There is something enjoyable that I find in writing a story that starts off nice and normal but takes a strange and weird turn, I find a lot of stories I write end up going down that type of route. I like being able to make my own characters and build my own worlds and make a story that I can draw out and eventually share. Somewhat funny is that I don’t usually draw a lot of dark stuff most of the time it is usually really cute and colorful works and but when it comes to making games, comics or animations I enjoy exploring outside the usual cute and soft subjects to a lot more dark or experimental stuff with style, colors or stories. The conversations on aliens in the class has me thinking about how big of a planet this is and even the universe itself, there is so much out there that is strange and unknown  you never really know what can be out there or what kind of possibilities exists. There’s something interesting about hearing and listening to what people think, what can be out in the world and how we view ourselves in relation to it. Everyone has their own view and opinion of the subject and it is almost as if it is a story on its own. When it comes to myself I like thinking about the unknown and even stuff that is fictional with others and creating stories and characters either for my own enjoyment or with others as a fun project. It is a big part of who I am and something I want to continue doing for the rest of my life and hopefully start publishing my comics and games online. 


No comments:

Post a Comment