Thursday, February 6, 2020

Self Introduction by Ruiqiao Qi

    Hi, everyone! I am Ruiqiao from Shanghai, China. You can always call me Richard or Rich for convenience. I have been here for almost four years as a Graphic Design student. I used to have a strong liking in entomology but being pushed back by the course requirement since I am not good at math at all. That being said, I always love insects and willing to learn or illustrate them in new ways. The interest about small creatures like insects might come from my short stay of one year at Japan over decades ago. I can still remember the arcade game that featuring beetle wrestling, and they even have details like the Latin names of the beetle, habitats and body length printed on the playing card which I can get from starting each round of the game. The culture and obsession of insects in Japan had really shocked me in a great way. 
    
    Enough about insects? Let's talk about myself in another approach. I am, in fact, trust my ability of hand-drawing more than digital illustrating. When I am boring, I tend to draw stuffs with pencil and any paper in-reach. It does not happen a lot now, since I believe I learned how to stay focus on any kind of classes, in theory. However, I am also an anime person who has a relatively high standard of picking animations from any counties and medias. What is my favorite anime? I will tell you it is "Nurarihyon no Mago" for now. 

    I am a quiet person who thinks way more than talking. It is not only the reason that English is not my first language, but also my experience that shapes me. People say that I am overly thinking which could be useless at most of the time. That is partially true. I hate that I am losing some sort of chances, but I hate to be reckless and untrue to someone even more. I like to play single-person and open-world games for killing time. In those "lone-wolf" games, I feel like I could read the game designers' idea more sincerely and clear. The competition of other genre of games just does not feel comfortable to me. "Fallout 4" had changed my mind toward the humanity and morals of people before. For me, play those games gives me more things than reading most of the books. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment