Saturday, February 8, 2020

Introduction


Who am I? My name is Angelica Dematas. I am a 24-year-old junior double majoring in music and biology. I would describe myself as an outgoing positive person and if I am having a bad day, I try my best to never let my energy negatively affect anyone else. I am bold, extraverted, but timid when it comes to expressing my crafts. Singing is a passion I discovered about 4 years ago and I still have not found the ability to believe in myself as far as performing, but I am working on it.

One of my goals in life is to be a doctor of adolescent medicine and work in a low income neighborhood like Newark. I would like to get involved with philanthropic ventures of bring more sexual health awareness to high school and college students. I grew up thousands of miles away with my mother away from our large family in Trinidad. Another goal of mine is to make my mother proud and become closer to my family in Trinidad.

Some words I would use to describe my identity on microlevel are daughter, sister, student, black, and Trinidadian. These smaller details about my identity are extremely important to the way I think
and view life. As a daughter of a black Trinidadian immigrant, I am dedicated to making my mother proud. As a first-generation college student my identity as a student holds a significant amount of importance. On a macro level I identify as a female. The most important aspects of my identify are attached to my culture and family background.





No comments:

Post a Comment