Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Introduction Post

What's up everyone ! My name is Angel Juarez, nice to meet you ! I'm a senior+ (5th year in college total) and this is my 3rd year at Rutgers. I transferred from Raritan Valley Community College after graduating with my Associates in Fine Arts with a specialization in Graphic Design. I was born and raised right here, in the beautiful, sunshine-y state of New Jersey. I've lived in North Plainfield for most of my live, but soon after starting here at Rutgers, my family moved to South Plainfield. I live with my parents, my sister, my uncle, and our 4 cats (Poochie, Pickles, Melina, and Ghost) who I love very, very much.

I have a lot of hobbies and a lot of things I'm interested in, mostly art related things. Over the course of my life, I've done all different kinds of art, both in school and on my own. I've learned how to play the trumpet and the french horn and was in my middle school's concert and jazz bands and in my high school's concert, jazz, and marching bands for the entirety of my high school career. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, and it is what I am probably what I enjoy to do the most. At a young age, I would copy drawings from video game illustrations I liked, most notably illustrations from the Sonic the Hedgehog game series. I would draw little comics on my free time on pieces of lined notebook paper and fold them into little comic books to show my friends at school. I loved cartoons since a young age, and a lot of my comics and drawings would show some kind of motion, a prototypical way of my own kind of animation. It wasn't until middle school where my best friend would teach me how to use the animation program, Adobe Flash, when I would finally take the next step in my life, one focused on my main skills: Design, animation, and illustration (like it says on my business cards). Video games is, and always has been, an inspiration for my work and, while it isn't my main focus, I would love to one day work in designing UI for video games.

As a person, I am pretty chill. Not a lot of things can get to me easily, and when they do, I tend to not show it. I think about a lot of things in a very strange way, usually only thinking about how they directly relate to me, which is something I've been trying to change recently. I am very sympathetic and empathetic and I always try to be a positive element in my friends' lives. I love making people laugh, it's one of the things I do the best. Most of the times I can do so without even trying, my brain seems to always just be on funny mode since it's been a setting I've been using for so long. I really like trying to help people as best as I can, but sometimes my laziness overcomes me and inhibits my actions, but that's actually pretty rare and only happens when it's something to do with my sister, who I love very much.

I am also a big fan of worm on a string.






No comments:

Post a Comment