Saturday, January 25, 2020

My Introduction Post


                                                               

                                                                    Who Am I 
   
     Hello. My name Samuel Edelsack; I'm 25 years old and I'm fro,m Westfield, NJ. I have loving parents who've been together for 30 years and a brother who's a year older than me. I have an adorable pug as pet name Moose and he'll be 6 in two months. My family and I've been living in Westfield for a very long time, and we're thinking about moving somewhere that's warm after I finish up at Rutgers. We hate the cold here in New Jersey - which I hope a lot will agree with me. My parents have always been there for me and I have my back for every roadblock I run into. They've raised me right to be polite to people who I encounter, even if they're rude.  
     When growing up I never had a lot of friends. I was very quiet and introverted. I wanted friends more than anything but I couldn't have the confidence in me to talk to people. Then suddenly things changed when I started watching movies, but not Disney animated movies, I mean well-received, critically acclaim films such as Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, The Godfather and many more. Movies have become a great topic for me to talk about with people. As time went one, I've become more social with my peers and have made great friendships with people at my current job. I started to realize that I have the ability to make friends with anyone in life, and my introverted self started to progressively fade away.
      At Rutgers University-Newark my major is Video Production. Since I love talking about films and are interested in how they're edited, my goal is to be an editor for a production company one day. I have made a film in High School that helped me win the New Jersey Governor's award. With that accomplishment, I fully realized that editing is something I do best at. I've made videos over the years and published them on social media platforms such as YouTube, so the world can see what kind of "art" I can bring to this world.
      I look forward to my future even though it will be tough because the world is not all sunshine and rainbows. I just have to stay true to myself and remember to be always polite to people even if they're disrespectful. My parents raised me that way because they feel that the best way of dealing with people is to always be respectful. Also, when the time comes for me to leave my current job, I'll have to make new friends. It'll take some time, but knowing how I made friends at work, there is no reason for me to think I can't make new friends at a new job. I just have to be confident, which I have trouble with some times. I hope I'll be able to live my life independently and be ready to get through those stressful roadblocks I'll encounter up ahead, but I'm sure I will. If I put my mind to it, I can accomplish anything. 




           

  

No comments:

Post a Comment